10 Best Teamviewer Alternatives 2018 (Performance Comparison) – Why is the knowledge for the best teamviewer alternatives 2018 important? Why would you need the app, after all? Well, you need to realize that we live in the modern era and everything is basically depending on the technology. The Teamviewer is a part of the RDA or Remote Desktop Access that gives you unlimited opportunity to manage your desktop arrangement from afar. If you think that Teamviewer is the only software for remote desktop, you are mistaken. There are many alternative options out there, especially since Teamviewer encountered the safety problem with the hacking attempt.
Keep in mind that you will also need to pay attention to the features. Teamviewer is known for its handy features and usability. When you are looking for the alternatives, you want to gain the same benefits and functions, right? Don’t forget to pay attention to these factors or you may end up regretting your options. So, what are your options and how you can make use of them to your greatest benefits?
- 1 Most Popular TeamViewer Alternatives 2018
- 1.1 CloudBerry Remote Assistant
- 1.2 Windows Remote Desktop Connection
- 1.3 Supremo Remote Desktop
- 1.4 Ammyy Admin
- 1.5 Join Me
- 1.6 RealVNC
- 2 Which is The Best TeamViewer Alternatives Of 2018
- 3 Best Free Teamviewer alternatives 2018
- 4 Which is The Best Teamviewer Alternatives Open Source 2018
Most Popular TeamViewer Alternatives 2018
With the increasing safety concern, it is too bad that Teamviewer is no longer the safest and most reliable remote desktop controller. Not to mention that there are some of the performance issues that affects the entire outcome. It’s a good thing that CloudBerry has been created. There are some of the things to like about it, such as SSL encryption for the connection and also RSA update algorithm. As one of the best teamviewer alternatives 2018 apps, you can definitely expect a lot from this app.
CloudBerry Remote Assistant Pros:
- The app works almost similar to the Teamviewer so those who are already familiar with the Teamviewer won’t have any problem with the usage
- The app is completely free and you don’t have to worry about the annoying ads
- It supports voice and text chat, which can be super handy
CloudBerry Remote Assistant Cons:
- Some people complain about the user interface system, but it depends on each user, really. Some users don’t have any problem with it while the others do
- The Linux installation for the non-Linux device requires extra time and preparation
If you use the Windows operating system, then you should be able to find it. After all, it is the built-in perk in the computer. Simply check the System setting and you should be able to find the setting. When you have to install the app, you won’t have to install any extra pp or add-on. The overall performance and features are super nice and smooth. Don’t underestimate this app despite its in-built nature – it doesn’t always mean that the in-built apps are always lousy and cheesy, right?
Windows Remote Desktop Connection Pros:
- It supports Windows and also Mac OS X
- Managing the setting is easy and fast, and it includes the remote access
- You can disable it with the default setting but it can always be turned on easily and instantly
- It is perfect for everyone – whether they are novice users or the advanced types
Windows Remote Desktop Connection Cons:
- You won’t be able to run different concurrent sessions at the same time
- It would lock the remote screen which is considered as one of the biggest issues that haven’t been resolved – even up until now.
This app is pretty new to the industry, but it is proven to be quite powerful and handy. According to many of its users, the app doesn’t pose any important or fussy issue – the overall performance has been quite smooth and reliable. There are various things to like about this app, including the lightweight size, the simplicity in the usage, and the smooth (and easy) operation.
As one of the best teamviewer alternatives 2018, user interface is fun to use. The operation is simple and the safety features are one of the best. If you want to use a simple system without too much hassle, and yet it is super strong and solid, it would be the perfect pick for your needs.
Supremo Remote Desktop Pros:
- The app is super light, especially when compared to other competitors
- You can set up different multiple connections by using the same computer
- You won’t have to configure anything
- The overall price is affordable, provided that you choose the paid service
Supremo Remote Desktop Cons:
- It isn’t exactly a free service because there are the paid services.
- The features would be limited on the free version. You can unlock more features and handiness when you choose the paid service.
No, there is no typo or mistakes in the typing – this is what the name of the app. If you are looking for an effortless service and it is free, you have found the right one. This one has been used by companies as well as individuals so you can expect the best gain from it. And most importantly, this is an app that is pretty lightweight – only less than 1MB. You can also manage action performance as well as the live chat. Managing the remote access to your desktop has never this fun.
If you are looking for the paid service, there are 3 different packages: the Starter, the Premium, and the Corporate. But if you are having enough with the free service, the tons of features will still be handy and useful. You can expect better system arrangement and administration as well as other simplicity. Setting up is effortless and pretty direct. Here are some of the main reasons that make this service as one of the best teamviewer alternatives 2018.
Ammyy Admin Pros:
- Users are given flexible options – whether they want to choose the free or the paid service.
- The security features and connections are pretty solid
- Everything about this service is related to simplicity
Ammyy Admin Cons:
- It only works for the Windows system
- It continuously needs internet connection. Even if you try to use the local network to connect, and you aren’t using any internet connection, you won’t be able to do so.
The app is basically an online conferencing and gathering tool, enabling different users from different locations to be connected to one another simultaneously. This system supports Mac OS X and also Windows. Another cool feature about this service is the ability to connect to the system through telephone lines or even VoIP ability. You can also manage remote recording, meeting schedule, and also phone numbers
Join Me Pros:
- Quick connection and easy operation is one of the best features to like about this app
- The operation is easy with overall smooth outcome and result
- One of the best teamviewer alternatives of 2018
Join Me Cons:
- It isn’t a free service. You will have to pay for it
- For a startup, the price is quite high
- There are times when video chat won’t work perfectly and it gets a bit choppy
Also Check Out: 10 Best Virtual Machine Software 2018
It is an open source app that offers both free and paid service. The overall performance is reliable, trusted, dependable, and secure. You can connect this app with various computers and the overall user interface system is smooth. The performance is stable, along with collaboration tools, solid encryption, and chat ability.
- The app supports different kinds of operating systems, including Linux, Ubuntu, Windows, UNIX, Raspberry Pi, and Mac OS X.
- The app is compatible with single user and corporate
- The overall setting and tweak can be more complicated and complex than the other apps. But it can unlock various features and useful benefits, so it is no wonder if it is considered as one of the best teamviewer alternatives 2018 to try.
Which is The Best TeamViewer Alternatives Of 2018
- VNC Connect
- Chrome Remote Desktop
- Remote Desktop Connection
- LogMein Pro
Best Free Teamviewer alternatives 2018
- Get AnyDesk Here: Download AnyDesk The Fastest Remote Desktop Application
- Get TightVNC Here: Download TightVNC an open-source Teamviewer alternative
Chrome Remote Desktop
- Get Chrome Remote Desktop Here: Download Chrome Remote Desktop App
- Get AreoAdmin Here: Download AreoAdmin
Which is The Best Teamviewer Alternatives Open Source 2018
- CloudBerry Remote Assistant
- Key Features: Text and voice chat, Easy to set up and use. SSL-encryption, Establishes connection in a matter of seconds.
- Pricing: Free.
- Supremo Remote Desktop Assistant
- Pricing: Free trial is available and for paid options click here.
- Key Features: Available for Windows, iOS, and Android. Extremely simple and easy to use.
- Price: It’s free for first 6 weeks, then $1.99/month (Personal use) and $60/year per person for businesses.
- Key Features: Stream audio and video, manage and move files, Free for personal use.
- LogMeIn Pro
- Price: It’s free for first 6 weeks and Variable paid options are available Individuals
- Key Features: As one of the best teamviewer alternatives 2018
- Pricing: Variable paid options are available.
- Supported Platforms: Browser-based and also available for Mobile devices.